QTS 4.4.2 (embedded Linux)
|Supported Client Operating Systems|
- Apple Mac OS 10.10 or later
- Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7, RHEL 6.6, SUSE 12 or later Linux
- IBM AIX 7, Solaris 10 or later UNIX
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016, 2019
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish
|Supported File Systems|
- Internal hard drive (EXT4)
- External hard drive (EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT)
Note:To use exFat you must purchase an exFAT driver license from License Center.
|Network & Virtual Switch|
DHCP server and clientRADVDUSB Wi-Fi adapter
- TCP/IP: Dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Jumbo frame
- Port trunking (Link aggregation)
Note:This feature does not support ad hoc networks because of security considerations.Virtual switch
Static RouteNCSI (Network Connectivity Status Indicator)DDNS settings (Customize & Multiple Service )
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Software-Defined Switch mode
- HTTP/HTTPS Connections (TLS 1.0/1.1/1.2)
- Supports WebDAV Connection
- Supports Virtual Host (Max: 32)
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
- Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
- AES 256-bit volume-based encryptions which are validated by FIPS 140-2 CAVP (Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program)
- 256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
- Importing of SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt
- Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, and audio
- 2-step verification
- Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single
- RAID Hot Spare and Global Hot Spare
- RAID Rebuild Speed Customization
- Online RAID capacity expansion
- Online RAID level migration
- SSD RAID Over-provisioning
Note:RAID 0 and JBOD Data RAID does not support Over-provisioning.
- SSD RAID Performance evaluation (with SSD Profiling Tool)
- SSD TRIM for RAID 0,1,10
- Bitmap support
- Disk auto S.M.A.R.T. data migration
- Disk bad block scan and S.M.A.R.T test.
- Disk bad block recovery
- Disk secure data erase
- Ironwolf Health Management
- Storage pools
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
Online volume expansionVolume type conversionVolume shrinkStorage space utilizationSnapshots
- If the NAS has less than 4GB RAM, then the maximum volume capacity is 144TB.
- If the NAS has at least 4GB RAM, then the maximum volume capacity is 250TB.
Note: The maximum number of snapshots varies depending on installed memory.
Storage expansion using QNAP expansion unitsJBOD enclosure roamingSSD read-only and read-write cacheSSD write-only cache
- Volume and LUN snapshots
- Snapshot Dashboard
- Snapshot Manager
- Snapshot local restore and revert
- Snapshot Clone
- Snapshot Replica and Snapshot Vault
- Snapshot remote restore and revert
- Unified Snapshot Directory
- Support for Windows Previous Versions (CIFS/SMB)
Note:SSD Cache supports Single, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 configuration. The maximum cache size depends on installed memory. The maximum cache size is 1 TB.
|iSCSI (IP SAN)|
- iSCSI targets with multiple LUNs per target
Note:The maximum number of targets + LUN is 256.
- LUN mapping (LUN can be moved between iSCSI and FC if supported)
- LUN masking
- Online LUN capacity expansion
- SPC-3 persistent reservation
- MPIO & MC/S
- iSCSI LUN backup, one-time snapshot, and restoration
- Virtual disks using iSCSI initiator
Note:The maximum number of virtual disks is eight.
- Stack chaining master
- Added support for sending notifications via SMS center (SMSC) or providers, including Nexmo, Twilio, and Clickatell.
- Added Outlook as an SMTP service option.
- Added support for sending notifications via instant messaging applications, including Skype and Facebook Messenger.
- Added support for Overview and History in Notification Center.
- Added support for 23 languages for notification messages.
- Added support for creating custom notification rules to specify notification criteria, including application categories, severity levels, and keywords.
- Delivery method and message recipient settings are now more flexible.
- Added support for creating multiple notification rules at the same time.
- Added support for sending notifications for a single system event.
- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- Standby mode for internal drives
- Scheduled power on and off
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Access Rights Management|
- Multiple user creation
- User data importing and exporting
- User quota management
- Local user access control (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Application access control (File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station)
- Subfolder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and domain controller support
- LDAP server and client
- Domain user login (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
- Free host name registration (DDNS)
- Optional myQNAPcloud SSL certificates (DDNS)
- Auto router configuration using UPnP
- Web-based file manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
- myQNAPcloud Link for remote access without complex router setup
- File syncing across multiple devices with SSL secure connection
- Selective synchronization for specific folders or subfolders
- Team folders as file center for better collaboration
- File sharing using email links
- Policy settings for conflicting files and file type filter
- Version control for a maximum of 64 versions
- Unified privilege and configuration management
- Central configuration mode
- Remote erase and restore
- Qsync client supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, Android and iOS
- Monitoring of NAS system resources such as CPU, memory and network
- Monitoring of NAS storage resources such as volumes, RAID, and disk activity
- Monitoring of NAS application resource use
- Creation of extra swap space when SSDs are installed
- Reporting of issues to the QNAP support team, with automatic collection of system information
- Remote connection between QNAP support engineers and NAS for issue resolution (with user permission)
|Web Desktop Administration|
- Multi-window, multitasking system management
- Smart toolbar and dashboard for system status display
- SNMP versions 2 and 3
- Resource monitor
- Network recycle bin
Comprehensive logs (events and connections)Syslog server and clientBackup and restoration of system settingsQmanager: Mobile application for remote system monitoring and managementQboost
- Recover files deleted using AFP, CIFS/SMB, and File Station
- Automatic cleanup
- File type filter
- File sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX
- Microsoft networking (CIFS/SMB)
- Apple networking (AFP)
- NFS version 3/4 services
- Windows ACL (CIFS/SMB)
- Advanced folder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, and FTP)
- Shared folder aggregation (CIFS/SMB)
- FTP, SFTP and TFTP protocols
- FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit FTPS)
- FXP support
- Document viewing using Office Online, Google Docs, and Chrome extension
- Microsoft Office file editing using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- ISO file mounting (maximum: 256 ISO files)
- Mount smart phones as external storage
- Read access for compatible optical disc drives
- Read access for compatible smartphones (MTP)
- Download and upload link sharing
- File dragging and dropping (Chrome and Firefox)
- File compression (ZIP and 7z)
- Download link creation and sending for publicly shared files, with expiration date and password protection
- Subtitle display (SRT and UTF-8)
- Slideshow playback in media viewer
- Convert image files to pdf by “Image2PDF” integration
- Qfile: Mobile app for file browsing and management
- Auto filing
- Recipe function
- Archiving through iSCSI, USB, DVD and remote NAS
- Advanced settings
- Source File Filters
- File Editing
- File deletion
- Data integrity check
- File conflict policy
|HBS (Hybrid Backup Sync)|
- Cloud storage backup to Amazon Glacier, Amazon S3, Azure Storage, Google Cloud Storage, HKT Object Storage, OpenStack Swift, WebDAV
- Cloud storage syncing with Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3, BackBlaze B2, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, HiDrive, hubiC, OneDrive, OneDrive For Business, ShareFile, Yandex Disk
- RTRR server & client with bandwidth control
- Rsync server with download bandwidth control
- Remote server syncing (CIFS/SMB, FTP, Rsync, and RTRR)
- Scheduled backup to local and remote storage spaces
- Backup versioning
- Encryption, compression, and file filters
- Centralized management for backup, restoration, and sync jobs
- Support for Apple Time Machine
- Data backup to multiple external storage devices
- Desktop backup with QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
- Support for the following third-party backup software: Veeam Backup & Replication, Acronis True Image, Arcserve Backup, Retrospect, Nakivo Backup & Replication, and Veritas Backup Exec
- Integrating indexing, thumbnail generation, and content management.
- New content management design, configuring content sources for QTS multimedia applications.
- View the status of multimedia apps and services all on the same screen.
- Browse photos in timeline view or folder view.
- Virtual albums and smart albums.
- AI-assisted photo management, classifying people, things, places, etc.
- Photo organization by thumbnail, list, timeline, or folder
- Virtual and smart albums
- Validity control for album sharing
- Photo tagging with text, colors, and ratings
- Slideshows with background music and transition effects
- Album configuration backup and restoration
- Advanced folder permissions
- Support for domain users
- Qphoto: Mobile application for online browsing and sharing
- Music playing and sharing through web browsers
- Music streaming to multiple devices
- Changing of album covers through Google search or by uploading photos
- Internet radio (MP3)
- Eight music alarms
- Switching between spotlight mode and manage mode
- Advanced search
- Scrolling lyrics
- Qmusic: Mobile application for music streaming and management
- Video organization by thumbnail, list, timeline, or folder
- Virtual and smart collections
- Video tagging with text, colors, and ratings
- Video link sharing through social media and email
- Movie information and poster display from Internet sources or user-uploaded files
- Subtitle display (SRT, ASS, SSA)
- Subtitle search and downloading
- Subtitle file importing
- Subtitle display style adjustment
- Playback speed adjustment
- Direct video streaming for certain file formats
- Facebook login
- Advanced folder permissions
- Support for LDAP users
- Video uploading to YouTube and Youku
- Multi-zone video display
- Qvideo: Mobile application for online video browsing and management
- Support for LXC and Docker
- Application downloading from the built-in Docker Hub Registry
- One-click installation
- Container importing and exporting
- Console mode
- Three networking modes (Note: Docker containers support Bridge, NAT, and Host mode. Linuxcontainers (LXC) support only NAT.)
- Auto-start containers
- Docker certificate downloading
- Private registry addition
- Application repository for switching to any repository on GitHub.com
- Full-text search
- Data distribution using a bar chart
- Previews for photos, music, videos, PDFs, Gmail, and others
- Advanced search operators and search scope
- Customized search filters with included or excluded conditions
- Related files suggestion in Viewer
- Chrome, Firefox and Safari extension
- Support for up to 5,000 IP cameras
- 2 free camera licenses
Note:Surveillance Station supports a maximum of 16 camera channels. To add more camerachannels, you need to purchase licenses from the QNAP License Store.
- Instant playback for recent surveillance events
- Visual options for e-maps
- Playback speed control
- Supporting for displaying preview snapshots on the timeline
- Intelligent video analytics (IVA) for advanced video searching
- Surveillance client designed for macOS
- Mobile surveillance application (Vmobile) for iOS and Android
- Mobile recording application (Vcam) for iOS and Android
- VPN server
- Secure remote access with PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, QBelt(QNAP proprietary) protocol.
- Support for a maximum of 100 clients.
- Support public/ NAS default/ manually DNS server.
- Support manually assign/auto detect/none outgoing network interface.
- Support privilege settings for domain/Local users.
Support utility and Mobile apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android.
- Support PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, QBelt (QNAP proprietary) protocol.
- Support using VPN as a NAS default gateway.
- Support connection log check.
- Support for DLNA/UPnP TVs and players such as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Support for CUE indexing file for APE and FLAC
|Q’center (NAS CMS)|
- Monitoring of multiple NAS devices
- Utilization history reports
- Unified configuration management
- Monitoring of NAS devices behind NAT routers with Connect to Q’center
- QNAP NAS location on the same local network
- NAS shared folder mounting
- Basic setting configuration (firmware, SMTP server, and network settings)
- Storage Plug & Connect (Windows only)
Media upload (Windows only)
- Creation and mapping of NAS shared folders
- Creation of and connection to iSCSI targets and LUNs
- Media file upload to the NAS
- Automatic creation of thumbnails or transcoding of videos using the computer
- Official and community software add-ons
- Automatic updates and notifications for new versions
- Repository for imported third-party content
- User-specified volume for storing applications
- Video, photo and music streaming to Apple TV (via Qmedia) or Chromecast using the following:
- NAS applications: File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station
- Mobile applications: Qfile, Qmusic, Qphoto, and Qvideo
Note:You must install the Media Streaming add-on from App Center.
- PC-less downloads (BitTorrent, FlashGet, FTP/FTPS, HTTP/HTTPS, QQDL, and Thunder)
BitTorrent: Support for search, magnet links, private trackers, and proxyScheduled download and bandwidth controlRSS subscription and download (broadcatching)Support for add-ons that extend download functionalityQget: Mobile application for download browsing and management
- The application supports a maximum of 500 tasks.
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads is 30 (10 BT/PT, 10 HTTP, 10 FTP)
|Notes Station 3|
- Insert Evernote Notes in Notes Station 3
- Enable Embedding YouTube video into Notes
- Table creation using the insert table editor
- One-way scheduled sync of contacts from multiple Google accounts
- Contact importing from CSV or vCard 3.0 files
- Contact exporting to CSV or vCard 3.0 files
- Duplicate contact searching and merging
- Contact management: Groups, favorites, lock, search, delete and restore
- Support for Android and iOS
- Daily task automation
- Social media data archiving
- File synchronization between the NAS and various cloud services
- System event notifications on Line, Skype, Gmail, and mobile phones
- Music playback on Music Station using Amazon Echo voice commands
- Usage of motion detection sensors as trigger for camera recording on Surveillance Station
- Trigger based file synchronization between the NAS and various cloud storage services
- View miixes made using the Qmiix web portal that include triggers and actions involving QNAP
- Create miixes for web-based and NAS-related apps.
- Create miixes on the Qmiix web portal that include File Station, a QNAP app
- System event notifications to Line, Skype, Gmail, and mobile phones
- Multiple Security Policies (Basic/Intermediate/Advanced/Custom).
- Checks NAS settings for security weaknesses.
- Integrates with existing anti-virus services.
- Integrates with existing anti-malware services.
- Integrates with the Security Advisory service.
Detects and removes malware from your QNAP NAS.
Note:To ensure the security of your NAS, update this app when new versions become available.
- Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Some features may vary by model.
- QTS does not support DRM content and some IPv6 services.
- Some data encryption features may be unavailable because of country-specific legislative restrictions.